After Your Procedure
Support after your procedure. Because fuller hair is just the beginning.
Thank you for trusting us with your hair transformation. This is just the beginning: a new hairline, a new you, and a new ongoing relationship with West+Bond. Our dedicated team of physicians and stylists will schedule visits to ensure proper follow-up care. Unsure of how to wash your hair the first days after the procedure? No problem; just give us a call to let us know you are coming and we will do it for you. And as your hair regrows, you can come in for styling sessions or advice to help you adjust to working with your new hair. Even better, we can introduce you to an amazing stylist closer to where you live or work. Having your eyebrows done? You can make an appointment with our eyebrow expert to maintain your new arch and talk with the physician if you have any questions.
- You will leave with your post-op instructions, and following them is easy.
- We’d like to see you the day after, the week after, and if possible a few weeks after that.
- You will receive detailed instructions about washing your scalp and your new hair. If you feel uncertain, don’t sweat it. Call our practice manager and she will set up a time for you to come in that day and we will do it. You can come back every day if you want; we want you to be relaxed and happy.
- Seven to ten days after your transplant, you will want to make sure that the little caps of skin on top of each transplanted follicle gets gently scrubbed away. If you are unsure, again, come on in and let us show you how.
- A few weeks after your procedure, your new hairs will start shedding as your transplanted follicles go into a resting phase as they prepare to regrow. We want to make sure that those hairs do get shed. We can show you how to help them along.
- The first four to six months are the waiting game, and then you will begin to see hairs growing. In the beginning you will be the only one who notices. Soon, people will start commenting that you look better, but it happens so gradually they won’t know exactly why. When you see your new hair coming in, come in and show us or send us a picture!
- If you don’t think they are coming in fast enough, let us know right away. Everyone’s hair growth is different, and some people’s hair grows fast and others’ grow slower. We are happy to see you as often as you’d like to make sure everything is proceeding normally.
- Between 10 and 12 months you should see full growth in the transplanted areas. If you were contemplating additional procedures, now is the time to start planning.
- As your hair is growing out, you are going to want to get it styled. Depending on your level of thinning or baldness this can be a little intimidating. If you don’t know a local stylist, let us refer you to somebody in our extensive network. In the meantime, come in and let us help you style your new hair and show you products that may work best for you. You have just invested a lot in your hair, so let us show you how to take care of it. Your new look is worth it!
Contact us to learn more.