Before Your Procedure
We want you to be relaxed and confident with every aspect of your decision.
Here you will find an intersection of practical advice, words of wisdom, and the type of personalized, considerate, thoughtful approach to your hair transplant procedure that sets West+Bond apart.
Be prepared for your consultation.
Compile a list of questions that you would like addressed. Ask if the replacement method you are interested in will work with your particular type of hair loss.
Bring a friend or family member with you during the meeting.
They’ll help you remember information and verify what the provider has said. Furthermore, he or she is likely more able to be objective in helping you evaluate information.
Don’t feel rushed. Make it the right time for you.
There’s no reason to rush such a major decision, so remind yourself that you have plenty of time. Your consultation should take at least thirty minutes and you should be given a complete explanation of the surgical procedure or treatment plan in clear, easy-to-understand language.
Know the risks. Don’t be pressured.
Good surgeons will discuss the potential risks and dangers, even if they are unlikely. Furthermore, never trust a doctor who suggests that you should have surgery on the same day as a consultation. You should have time to consider your options, plan your surgical day and you should never feel embarrassed by taking as much time as you need to make a confident decision.
At West+Bond, we are not only compassionate and caring, but every member of our team upholds the highest standards of integrity, honesty and transparency. We stand behind our work, and are dedicated to providing you with an unprecedented level of service and expertise at every step.
We work together to put your mind at ease and make everything simple for you prior to your surgery.
- We provide you with access to our growing community of past and present patients so that you can get answers, firsthand, from people who have experienced the same treatment you are considering.
- We can style your hair in advance of your procedure, especially if your hair needs to be short for robotic surgery, by progressively cutting your hair shorter and shorter to ease the transition. We don’t want you to shave your head; we will cut it the exact length required for the robotic procedure.
- For larger cases, we may ask you to come in the day before to map the recipient sites in your balding areas where the hair grafts will be implanted. The following day we will harvest the hairs and implant them as quickly as possible to minimize the amount of time they are out of the body.
- You will be given access to comprehensive (but not complicated) pre-op instructions.
- You can call or email us anytime with questions. No worry is too big or too small, and we will always respond with accurate information and the utmost respect.
- We’ll pick you up and take you home. Our Black Car Service will take the logistical worries away on the day of your procedure.
- We prepare your customized amenities in advance, including beverages, meal options, and your choice of music or movies, to help make the day go your way.