About Harris S.A.F.E. System™
A hair transplant system so unique, it’s patented.
The Harris S.A.F.E. System™ gives your head peace of mind.
The Harris S.A.F.E. System™ stands for Surgically Advanced Follicular Extraction. It is a system of hair transplantation technologies invented and patented by Dr. James Harris, Medical Director at West+Bond and founder of the renowned Hair Sciences Center in Denver, Colorado. It is now used by surgeons around the world. It has become the go-to instrument for three reasons:
- Extremely low rate of hair follicle damage
- The head does not need to be shaved
- No linear scar
We invite you to ask Dr. Harris a question about your unique circumstances. He personally answers all inquiries. Or visit our hair transplant before and after gallery to see actual results, and read rave hair transplant reviews from actual patients.
Extremely low hair follicle damage means higher success.
For a hair transplant to be successful, the hair that is removed from the donor area (usually the back and sides of the head) needs to be healthy and whole. Yet studies show that inexperienced surgeons using inferior equipment damage up to 30% of those precious hair strands that are already in short supply on a balding head. The Harris S.A.F.E. System™, however, has been proven in clinical trials to reduce hair follicle damage to 2.8% or less. That means more healthy hair available to make the move to bald or thinning areas of the head.
Your head does not need to be shaved. And that means less disruption in your life.
Another welcome advantage offered by the Harris S.A.F.E. System™ is that this method does not require that the donor area be shaved. Instead, the donor hair is selectively trimmed the day before the procedure in what is known as an Individual Follicular Trim (IFT). The hairs to be transplanted are trimmed short and the surrounding hair is left long, effectively covering shorter, trimmed follicles, and therefore obscuring any sign of a transplant by making the donor sites invisible to the eye. Learn more abou t No Shave FUE.
No linear scar. No kidding.
Earlier graft harvest methods employed the Strip Method, whereby a strip of scalp was removed from the back of the head then stitched back up, leaving a visible linear scar. But with the Harris S.A.F.E. System™ (as well as the ARTAS® robot), individual follicular units are removed one-by-one from the donor area, then transplanted one-by-one into the thinning areas. The procedure usually takes just one day. On the day of the procedure our Black Car Service will pick you up and deliver you to West+Bond’s sleek-yet-welcoming clinic. And, you will receive a year of free monthly hair styling and cuts with any hair transplant procedure.
More advantages of the Harris S.A.F.E. System™
- An unsurpassed tool to use as an adjunct to ARTAS™ robotic procedure. The Harris S.A.F.E. System™ can “feather” around the harvest grid to better blend harvested areas into the unharvested harvested areas and access areas unavailable to the robot either because of acute hair angles or scalp skin characteristics.
- Virtually 100% of patients are candidates for this surgery.
- Allows a surgeon to extract up to 2,000 grafts per surgical session.
- Less discomfort and pain.
- Diminished scalp laxity is not an issue.
- A more natural-looking hairline is possible, because the surgeon can select grafts by the hair characteristics. Specifically, the finer hair found at the nape of the neck or behind the ear can now be selected and transplanted to create a more refined hairline.